Before I post my Summer dessert for this weeks Sunday Share...I feel the need to expand alittle about my "Designated Driver" post...with my husbands consent...of course.... So if you recall, after our dinner on our date night, we went up to the BAR to watch the Suns game...well...my darling husband decided to surprise me with some fun drinks...a Pina Colada for me a Strawberry Daquari for himself (he is a MANLY MAN). So after enjoying our drinks, the waitress brings us our bill...for some "divine" reason, I decided to look at the cost of the drinks. Imagine my surprise when I see that mine was $2.95 compared to Jasons $6.00. I questioned him why his would cost so much more than mine...they are the same drinks for the most part. He has know idea and says he will ask the waitress...I ask him if maybe his was not "Virgin". He assures me that there was no way...he didn't taste a thing. So off he goes to talk to the waitress. Now, we at the table are only looking at the back of his head during his conversation...but I knew exactly what was happening. Jason comes back to the table and tells us the price difference...according to the waitress...is because Jasons contains "BOOZE". Ok...does anyone have worse luck than US...I ask you, how does this happen....well....apparently the way Jason ordered was not to clear...he asked for a Strawberry Daquari and a Pina Colada virgin....so the waitress assumed only mine was the "Virgin" drink. So I made him hand over the car keys...with our luck, he would have been pulled over and tested, and I would be calling our Bishop because my Husband has been arrested for a DUI!!! So, that explains that post...I will say, the only complaint that my PRIESTHOOD holding husband had was...that he accidentally got a free pass to drink,and there wasn't enough of it in his drink to make him feel the affects of alcohol.....ONLY MY HUSBAND!!! (my only regret is that now he knows a secret way to ALWAYS order "fun" drinks...guess I will be doing the ordering from now on!!!)
Ok...on to my SUMMER DESSERT..... I haven't actually made this yet, but I can't wait to try it...it sounds WAY YUMMY to me....
Easy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Eclair Dessert
1 3/4 cups cold milk
1 pkg (4-serving size) jell-o vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tub (8oz) cool whip whipped topping...thawed
24 honey maid honey graham crackers
6 squares bakers semi-sweet baking chocolate
3 TBS. butter
Pour milk into large serving bowl. Add dry pudding. Mix. beat with wire wisk 2 mins. or until well blended. Add peanut butter; mix well. gently stir in the whipped topping. layer one third of the graham crackers and half of the pudding mixture in a 9x13 inch dish, breaking graham crackers as necessary to fit. Repeat layers. Top with remaining graham crackers.
Microwave chocolate and butter in microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 mins., Stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Spread immediately over the graham crackers.
Refrigerate at least 8 hours. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 24 servings...1 piece each.
*like I said...I haven't tried this yet, but I can't wait to...chocolate and peanut butter is a big hit in my house!!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Sunday Share!!!!
Posted by christy at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
You are just too funny. I laugh at EVERY post! Crazy he didn't notice a thing?!?!?!?! We want to go Goofy Golfing with you.
That is too funny. I'm sure you'll never let him live that down. :o)
Only you two!!! Classic.
Thanks for the recipe, sounds good!
And he didn't taste a thing, huh? Likely story brother!
I love your post Tryst, they're the best!
that is a hillaroius story. Glad he had you there. dessert looks yummy.
Seriously...that is SO funny! I need to get your e-mail so I can invite you to my blog.
Looks like you had a fun time with the Rogers :o)
We had a blast. Now....some of those pictures needed to be approved by me before going on the blog. I still am laughing at the whole experience. We always have so much fun with you guys. Really, some of our funnest memories are with the Vances. I recall many events of laughing so hard until "someone" about pees thier pants, or throws up! Who could that be? Not me! We love you guys. Let's get together again soon. Promise?
Post a Comment