So...last night I am saying prayers with the girls, and Anna's prayer goes something like this...
(Everything inside these) = Mommy's thoughts...F.Y.I!!!
Dear H. F. (opening good)
Thank you for this day (so far so good)
Thank you I could have a good day at school (good good...getting all the basics)
Thank you I could have fun...FOREVER (ok...that is alittle odd)
Thank you I could be safe...FOREVER (whoa...wait...did she just say FOREVER again??)
Thank you my family can be safe...FOREVER (oh yeah...she is soooo doing this)
Help me to be a good friend...(wait for it)...FOREVER
Help me to live...FOREVER ( oh yeah....I am NOT making that one up)
(Mommy silently thinking to herself...Please help this prayer to not last...F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!)
In the name......AMEN!! (joy to the world...the prayer is done)
Oh how I love to listen to my children pray!! They say the best things sometimes.
(example...Mallory just stopped saying in the Name of Jesus God Amen...Jason tried to get me to correct her for weeks, but I loved it too much!!)
(example...Anna went through a phase were she said..."Bless H.F. and Jesus because they are being so kind... to each other" That was another favorite of mine. It lasted every prayer for about 2 weeks!!!
I am so proud of my girls and the things they are learning!! I hope they continue to pray always!!!
Friday, October 17, 2008
F-O-R-E-V-E-R....
Posted by christy at 9:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
So cute, I laughed out loud!
Does she want to come to D-land FOREVER?!?!? I love those prayers...my kids are a little defiant in the prayer department, we are lucky if they repeat us!!! We'll get there. Sounds like I need to get some tips from YOU though.
FOREVER huh!! it has been FOREVER since we've seen you :) haha. it's been some crazy weeks over here. b goes back to school tomorrow & justin is going hunting this week! hsm3? are you going?
She is so cute! Kid prayers are the best! So sincere! I love your kids!
LOL! I love kids!
Gotta love kids prayers :)
Post a Comment