CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SURPRISE!!!! Jason's 35!!!!

OHHHH...I TOTALLY GOT HIM!!! Ok...So Jason's birthday is on September 16th...I threw him a small surprise birthday dinner party on September 13th at Tia Rosas!!! (same day as Anna's first soccer game, Anna's birthday party and stake baptisms that I have to attend....I know...I am either insane or I truly don't think things through....oh and I was babysitting my sisters 3 kids that weekend). Ok...he had NO idea!!! I can honestly say in the 9 1/2 years we have been married, I don't think I have been able to surprise him once! I was a total wreck that whole week....and 100% worse the actual day of. My stomach was in knots, I was literally sick from about 5:00p.m. until we walked through the doors. I was so nervous that he was going to find out. I told more lies that day then I have in a LONG time!!! So...I told him we were having dinner with our Bishop and his wife. I told him Bishop had meetings so we just had to meet them at the restarant. We walked in and I think at first he was totally confused. I think he thought it was a fluke that so many people we knew where at the same restarant as we were!! Then they all yelled SURPRISE and he was able to figure it out!!! He just looked at me and said "That's messed up!!!" Yes ladies and gentlemen...that was his first comment to me!!! Anyway....despite what he said to me, the night was a HUGE success and I am so glad that I was able to pull it off!!! Tons of thanks to all who came and HUGE thanks to Sue and Jill for all their help in making it happen!!! We just walked in....this would be the "messed up" part!!!
Lame, lame, lame picture...but this is me leading him in!!!
He was TOTALLY surprised!!!
The birthday boy!!!
He is the BEST in the WEST!!!!

Brad and Jill Stoddard
Sara and Shane Buntrock
Sue and Dan Shreeve (our Bishop and my co-horts!!!)
My brother Gregg and Tonia
My Dad and Mom!!!

Natalie Sorenson (a.k.a. SISTER!!!) and Jennifer Boyster
Autumn and James Halls
Justin and Ginger Organ
Jill and Ron Manwaring (my other co-hort!!!)
Jason...the birthday boy...Harrell Boyster and Mike Sorenson


The group waiting for their food!!
Chatting it up and getting to know each other!!!
My table rocked the house...of course!!! Turns out, due to the seating, Jason and I were at different tables!! It worked though!!!
Sue made these Awesome placemats for me!!! They were so so so fun!!!
Awww...the dolphins...long honeymoon story!!! Ask me about it sometime if your curious!!!
Jason...I love you soooo much!! I am truly blessed to have you as my husband and the father of our children!!! You are such an amazing man!! I have never met a harder working man than you!! I love and appreciate all that you sacrifice for our family!! I cannot imagine my life without you!! You are funny (wether I laugh or not), hard working, honest, loving, and by far the BEST FATHER I have ever seen!!! I love you more than anything in this world!!! Happy birthday loves!!!



10 comments:

Heather said...

That's so awesome! I talked to Jason yesterday and he said he was totally blown away! Nice job Christy, I never could have done it.

Kris-10 said...

You are a terrific wife! Looks like a ball! LOL - that's messed up. Classic.

Aut said...

I am so glad you were finally able to surprise him!! It was a really fun party--thanks for inviting us!

. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jason!!! Wish we were at the fun fun surprise. Looks like it was a blast.

Ash said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON!!! I'm very impressed with you Christy! It is tough to pull off surprise parties, especially for your hubby! Nice job!

Love you all!

Miss you more!!!

Erica said...

YOu crack me up! What a good wife! looks like fun!

Courtney said...

So ya pulled it off...great job!
Happy Birthday J-Dog!

Katie said...

Happy birthday Jason! 35 is getting up there! Awesome job Christy! You are an awesome wife!

ginger said...

hey woman... that was a fun partay! b had so much fun at anna's party too. thanks a ton. i can't believe how many kids you had & you didn't seem to mention that was happening! how are you feeling? wink wink

The Chryst Family said...

Hey Christy,
This is Aunt Cheri. I just found you blog. I love it. You have a beautiful Family. It's fun to see how all of you guys are.
Love ya
Cheri