***DISCLAIMER*** This post may contain some "pat mom on the back" moments!!!!
Ok...I threw Anna one of the cutest birthday parties for her 6th birthday...it had a movie theme...and the girls were the stars!! Here are some of the details...
Ok...so when the girls arrived, I had a red carpet up the walk way for them to walk on to the door. On the door I had a totally cute sign (pat mom on the back moment #1) on the door for them to read!! (you will see it pictured below) Then when they got in, we had hot dogs for lunch since hot dogs are served at movie theatres! We then had the girls put on costumes and we filmed them doing a "beauty contest" kind of. They came out and modeled their evening wear, then they did a talent and then we had the question and answer portion of the event. To end the whole pagent...we had a DANCE PARTY...the girls totally rocked out to Hannah Montana!! We then headed in for cake and ice-cream! The cake...oh the cake...the cake was FABULOUS in my own humble opionion (pat mom on the back moment #2). The cake was a box of popcorn!!!! The cake of course is also pictured below!!! It was a huge hit!!! (I came up with the idea...trust me...you cannot find a popcorn cake design ANYWHERE on the internet!! I did have some help with the actual popcorn part of the cake...hey... I can give credit where credit is due!!!) So anyway...after cake and presents, we pulled out the popcorn containers (filled with popcorn of course) all the different kinds of "movie theatre" candies, and we got ready for the show!! Now...you might be asking yourselfs...What movie did you watch??? Well...we watched the beauty contest that the girls put on!!! THEY LOVED THIS!!! They were all laughing the whole time watching themselfs on the T.V.!!! Ok... now on to the goody bags...(get ready for pat mom on the back moment #3)!! I had popcorn containers stuffed with yellow tissue paper. Inside each container was a bag of microwave popcorn and a box of "movie theatre" candy, a mini candy bar and a couple of suckers!!! OH MY GOSH....they were so cute (they are also picutred below)!!! This was such a fun party!! The girls had a blast and I think Anna loved it!!!
The front door sign!!!


THE CAKE....didn't it turn out soooooo cute!!!
Yeah...I made this!!!
Make a wish and blow out those candles!!
The goody bags...see...they are as cute as I said aren't they!?!?!?
The whole crew getting ready to watch THEIR movie!!!
Anna totally scored in the gifts department
Cutest birthday girl!!!
Her gift from her Daddy and I!!!
Mally and "Sister" at the family party!!
Anna and Shammy!!!
We had a b-day dinner...Anna got to pick the dinner...she picked Mac and Cheese!! I know...I have totally failed with this girl!! I couldn't serve adults mac and cheese so we also had alfredo chicken!!!
Cutest little girl
What could it be????
HOLY COW........SHARPAY!!!!!






6 comments:
SO dang stinken cute! You definitely rocked this birthday! What a clever idea, I've never heard of a movie theme b-day before. I'll have to keep this one for when baby girl is 6.
Holy crow! You've been working your hiney off! The cake and everthing was totally darling. I always knew you would be an excellent mother, when all of us said we wanted to be nurses and astronaunts, etc. in third grade Christy said she wanted to be a mom! :o)
Happy Birthday Anna Banana! Your mom is the BEST! What a fun party...you are just so crafty!
How fun!! You are such a cute mom! I wish I lived by you so all your cute ideas would rub off on me!
Check out that cake! Soooo cute. Sorry we missed the fun. Breckyn actually just found out about the party yesterday...I got in big trouble by her too! I was trying to go with the "what she doesn't know, won't hurt her theory"...that sure backfired. I tried expaining how it just wasn't possible for me to be in 2 places at once, but she still wasn't happy. So glad Anna had fun though and we hope she likes her gift!
Wow! What a fun party and awesome cake! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment