Sooooo I am back!!! After a 4 month long hiatus I have decided enough is enough. The blogging community needs me...they need my kids...they need my stories. Well people...I will not let you down. I will need to do ALOT of catch up...that's true...but I am going to start with the here and now. So...June 29th was Mallory's 5th birthday. She had a FABULOUS party...of course...and that will be documented at a later time. Now the reason for the background about the birthday is because Jason and I gave her a wiggle car for her birthday...that wiggle car (along with Tate) star in this post....
So...after her party Mallory was outside driving her wiggle car, when she so sweetly asked if she could take it over to the dog park. (the dog park is right by our house...and it has a hill with a cement walkway going down the hill.) Since I am an awesome mom...I allowed the wiggle car to go to the dog park and down the hill. Now Mallory had successfully maneuvered the hill a few times before Tate and I arrived. I watched her fly down the hill...laughing and enjoying herself completely. So...Tater toddles over to her...obviously expecting a ride. Mallory turns to me and asks if she can give him a ride down the hill. Now...all readers...please realize that I am prone to some STELLAR mom decisions...and this was one of my best!! I agree (stop gasping at me) to let my 5 year old take my 2 year old on a ride down a cement hill on a WIGGLE car. (please put the phones down...CPS does NOT need to be called...YET!!) So...I am on top of the hill...watching my lovelies have a fun ride down...when all the fun suddenly comes to a complete (well not complete) how about a SKIDDING stop!! It was truly slow motion...I watch the WIGGLE car do what it does best...WIGGLE out of control. Mallory flies forward...hits her shoulder then falls on top of Tate. The side of Tate's face hits the cement...and now he has Mallory and her full weight on top of him and his head. So they slide that way for a bit until the stop!! (now if you still feel the need...I would completely understand the call to CPS!!) So...I run down to them...send Jason a text (gotta love cell phones) that reads..."NEED HELP AT THE DOG PARK". So I watch as Jason comes out of the house...casually....until he hears 2 screaming kids...then he breaks into a sprint...reaches me at the park and RIPS Tate from my arms...doesn't even look at Mallory (or me for that matter) all he knows is that his little boy...his prince among men...his heir to the Vance throne is injured...and I let it happen. So I gather up Mallory and the wiggle car and head home. When we get inside...the evil eye is all I get from Jason. I explain AND apologize AND claim he would have done the same thing. It does not go over well...his son is still injured.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Back with a "BANG"!!!
Posted by christy at 2:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










5 comments:
Glad to have you back :) You are a great story teller. I think all mom's have similar stories.
Oh how I've missed you!
Oh How i have missed your posts! I just love you! Thanks for the great laugh.
Yay! Your back! What a cute boy even with the bumps. He is getting so big. We really need to hang out! Miss you!
I'm so glad you're back, I've missed you and your heelarious posts!
And hey, scars are manly on boys right!!!
Post a Comment