Seriously people...I don't make any of this stuff up that I post. I know it is hard to believe, but this is my real life!! I don't even know how most of this happens...and I have quit trying to figure out!! So...I am driving home from a family night movie night...Anna says she dropped something on the floor, and can she unbuckle and get it. I agree and tell her as soon as she gets it she needs to buckle back up...you know...safety first!!! So anyway she does and I continue to drive. A few minutes later she tells me her seat belt is to tight. I told her to undo it, loosen it back up and re buckle. She tells me she can't unbuckle it. Well people...I am on the freeway and unable to help her so I told her to just sit tight...we would be home soon (remember...safety first!!) So...we get home, I get Mallory out of the car, unload all the bags and things and proceed to the house. I hear Anna asking me for help, I turn around and tell her to get out the car and she tells me she can't. I then remember her telling me how her seat belt was to tight in the car so I go to unbuckle her...only I CAN'T!!!! Seriously...I can't unbuckle her because she is not buckled but she is absolutely STUCK!!!!! Look below for proof......
So...I run in the house and grab Jason...he struts out confident the he can beat this seat belt issue...but he quickly finds out that the seat belt will not be beat!! So Anna is...at the time...fully clothed and I offer the suggestion of stripping her down and shimming the seat belt up over head. Unfortunately...the more we shimmied...the tighter the seat belt got. (please bare in mind that the seat belt is not actually even buckled...but is some how wrapped around my child.) So we try laying the seat back to see if she can then slide out of the loop...the seat belt gets tighter. We go back to shimming...only now the seat belt is so tight on Anna that her ribs are jutting out over the belt and it is digging into her skin. (F Y I...Anna was very brave through all this and only shed a tear or two.) So...the seat belt can't go up and over...so maybe it can go down. (Please see picture 2 below.......)
So...we are now trying to pull the seat belt down...only her hips won't allow this either. At this point in time...I am in the house on the phone and on the computer googling SEAT BELT ISSUES...seat belt safety releases...seat belt safety.....UNLOCKING @$#%$ SEAT BELTS TO SAVE MY CHILD!!!! (There is nothing online that walks you through a situation like this FYI.) So I come out...a total failure...and Jason says to me we are going to have to cut it. Now...had I been thinking clearly I would have seen the despair in my poor child's eyes and agreed...but I was not. All this mommy could see were the dollar signs of how much will it cost to replace a cut seat belt. So...to make a LONG story alittle longer...I gave it the ol' college try a few more times, but lets just say....my 8 seater van will currently only hold 7 buckled passengers.






9 comments:
You can't make up this stuff!! Some how it all happens in our lives and we as good mothers must take pictures (no one would believe us if we didn't)! Mesa Sales on Main sells seat belt webbing fairly cheap and it is easy to replace (Trust me I know.).
Enjoy your blog.
Karen Cole
oh my hell i am totally laughing... this is totally you guys! atleast you have pics to remember all these crazy times & laugh... i would've been seeing dollar signs too. hopefully it won't cost too much :)
You might be right... that could only happen to a Vance! Haha!
You have all the good stories and the best ways to tell those stories. Keep 'em coming!
Jason... with those huge muscles I can't believe you couldnt defeat the belt!
That is hilarious! I don't even know what to comment!
I just love you guys!
Oh, I do love how you took pictures of it so we could have proof. It adds more to the post! : )
LOL oh my, Im still trying to figure out how it happened. Im telling you, kids can do the dangdest things, and we as parents just sit back and scratch our heads trying to figure out HOW. Love you guys
Aunt Cheri
I Heart the Vance family! Anna is trapped and Christy grabs the camera! They will have the greatest stories to look back on later!
LOL that you actually thought to document that. My nephew had that happen to him, but not to that extreme. I was able to get him out within five or so minutes without the stripping down. Kind of scary though.
If it wasn't for the pictures, I would have never believed it!!
Post a Comment